Yesterday we went to a community pool up in the sticks of Missouri. I shouldn't have been surprised when I saw a bunch of cowboy boots laying on the side of the pool. It warmed my heart. I'm definitely a city girl but it's moments like these that I want to yell out YEEHAW and go jump on a horse or something. There goes my roots again...
Speaking of country, today Ryan and I worked (ok just Ryan, I was there for "moral support") at a concession stand at a ball field. It was awfully romantic (not) and awfully hot. It's sort of our tradition though. He works there a few times every summer and I usually go up and hang out with him, get sweaty, and chew the bubble gum that they sell. It makes me feel like summer has arrived, even if it's actually half over.
Today we also went to go visit a friend who's in jail...here's our "we're excited to be in jail" faces!
My face looks chubby...my boyfriend has been home for 3 weeks and I've been celebrating by eating everything in sight. Yikes.
Anywho, visiting our friend was really sad. I could just see it in his eyes. He's got a long road ahead of him too....ugh..I'm so grateful to not be in jail.
This post is random.
Tonight I made cookies at 11 pm because I was depressed after seeing our friend. Ryan was my widdle helper, but really he just watched ESPN on the computer around the corner. My mom walked in and asked, "It's quiet, is everything ok?"
I said "Things are just fineeee..."
And then I pictured our Saturday nights in 3 years, 5 years, 30 years...and they looked a lot like tonight.
Sometimes life is just...life. Quiet. Uneventful. Typical.
But it's life with him.
And so that automatically makes it great.
XOXO


2 comments:
You don't know me Whitney, but I have been reading your blogs - and very impressed by your dedicated, heroic accomplishments in India. You are a pretty,thoughtful and unselfish young lady and Ryan is a very fortunate young man...from Hannah Dunn's English Granny who now lives in North Carolina.
awww how cute! i love seeing cowboy boots by the pool too. Reading your posts just make me so excited
Post a Comment