Monday, July 11, 2011

2

I've been thinking a lot about what these two years have meant to me, and what I've learned. It's so amazing to go back and read my blog two years ago...the feelings, the frustrations, the constant struggle that it was. 
As I look back, I find it amazing that deep down I always knew. How did I know? What was it that kept me going? Honestly I don't know, and even during the 2 years I'm not sure I even knew...I was constantly worried about the 'what ifs' and sometimes I would look myself in the mirror and tell myself that I was absolutely crazy. 

Here's what I learned: 
Heavenly Father was truly guiding me. It was a scary path for me..it was uncertain, it was definitely the road less traveled, but I tried so hard to be open and to listen. I listened to my Heavenly Father and I listened to my own heart. And you know what's awesome? It didn't fail me. My heart knew what it once felt with him around, and it remembered when often my head did not. All of the feelings...all of the guidance...it was real. 




It's still sinking in for me I think. Right before I see him everyday, I think that I'm going to wake up from one of the many dreams I had about him while he was gone. 
But he's real...and he's not leaving anytime soon. 
XOXO

1 comment:

thepainterfamily said...

yes yes yes.

i kept thinking the whole time I was reading your blog the last 2 years, that at some point, you would LOVE having all those thoughts recorded.

and one thing I can't get over...

how HAPPY you two look.
*sigh*

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed