[Our 3rd date, but our first picture together. Babies!]
***
Ryan and I went our very first date 2 years ago today.
Wow. It feels like 2 million years.
It has not been roses and butterflies for us.
But I'll tell you one thing.
Even a picture of that boy sends me into a tizzy. I love him more than I ever have.
I really hope I get lucky enough to marry him oneday.
***
I don't share a lot of what he says in letters but I felt like this one might be kinda fun.
This is from a letter he wrote this past February. Sorry it's long.
***
"I've been thinking about that (the Lord's timing) a lot; like when we met when we did and just all the things (good and not so hot) that we've been through. He's taking care of us isn't He? He knows what's best for us and when we need it and it just so happens that June 26th was the right time that I needed you and you needed me.
I know we pretty much share this story to other people pretty much every stinkin day but I wanna share it with you again...for the billionth time cuz it's "our story" and yea it's kind of cute.
So I think it was on a Thursday and Kat (just so y'all know, Kat is our mutual friend) called telling me to come over. I was like no I've gotta work pretty much the rest of the night because the guys had softball (oh yeah and he worked at a baseball field) plus I really didn't feel like it but fate would have that it rained that night and the games actually got cancelled. Mmm...wonder who the genius is upstairs....so then after them pretty much begging me to come over, I finally caved in and went. It was actually a pretty lame get together, everyone pretty much just sat around passing the mic (FYI again-it was a karaoke party) because they were a bunch of little girls and wouldn't sing. So I was like alright little panzies give me the mic I'll show you how its done. So I get up there and start getting jiggy wit it with some Kenny Chesney. Pretty much everyone there was my friend and I knew them all so it didn't really bug me to get up and show off my skills. Haha then...it was like a movie or something...here you come walking down the stairs...hottest woman these eyes have ever seen. It's not like you were dressed up all fancy either; jeans, glasses, causal shirt-just kind of a lounging look but babe you must've had it going on that night, well you still do and you always will, but that night you just floored me. I remember feelin like a retard after I was done singing...notice how I didn't sing the rest of the night? HAHA! So right after I got done singing I sat right beside David Spruell and asked him about you...I knew your face, I even knew you mom haha but I didn't know you and neither did David, so the whole night I kept playing games with myself. "Go talk to her, no you'll look like a fool, grow some man and get your flirt on, no she's too good for you." haha, all night long I did that. So anyways next scene I was up in the kitchen, gettin some grub and here you come gettin your shoes on and talking to Kat's dad getting ready to go home. "Alright Lawter...here's your chance. It's now or never...don't F this one up." ....."So you're going to BYU eh?" (those were his first words to me) hahah lame...but it worked like a charm and now here we are. Who would've thought? It's just amazing the Lord's timing in everything and His hand in everything.
So that was my side of the story. You don't understand the amount of stress you gave me that night woman! haha, best stress I've ever had."
4 comments:
Awwwww :) That makes my heart melt!!! I just love how he adores you... It's precious :)
SO glad you shared this... I love it! :) I've been really amazed lately how much love can grow while they're gone. It's very happy. :)
So cute. :) I think that your life would make a great nicholas sparks book...
Ok I really love this!!!!!!!
Post a Comment