Ryan is going to be gone for 730 days, give or take a few.
It's only been about 50 days so far.
I want to do SIX 100-day challenges for myself. They can be anything-spiritual, physical, mental, emotional. But I want to keep them:
A) affordable
B) realistic
C) nothing too time consuming-something I can make apart of my daily life
I've got 4 ideas:
1) no sugar for 100 days
2) talk to someone new everyday for 100 days
3) read an ensign article/conference talk everyday for 100 days
4) go out of my way to leave a sticky-note compliment for a different person each day, for, yup you guessed it...100 days.
So there's 400 days. 4 ideas. I need 2 more ideas.
My plan is to start October 8th with my first 100 day challenge, whatever it may be. Whatever YOU help me decide on. October 8th will be my first 100 days without Ryan. Therefore, when all 6 of my challenges are done, Ryan will be home in 30 days. Does that make sense?
100 days will have passed by October 8th+ 6/ 100 day challenges= 700 days, only 30 left!
A way to pass the time? Yes. A way to improve my way of life? Yes. A way to get people to read my blog? Probably not.....BUT I DO NEED YOUR IDEAS! SO..... HELP!
5 comments:
Learn a new word and use it in regular conversation every day? That's all I got...great ideas though! You rock Whit :)
oh my gosh...I think the sticky note idea is SO SO COOL! Can you imagine how GREAT people would feel being the recipient!?
I'm going to try to think of something cool...I'll be back. :)
I like the sticky note one and every other day it can be to me! :) joke. But I think you could easily do something like train for a race in 100 days or don't say replacement words for 100 days (ie crap, suck, etc.)
And guess what?
I'd do it with you if you want.
Oooh try being Vegetarian! (not Vegan). I'm a total meat lover, but I've always been curious to see if I could do it...
Also, I actually did this thing freshman year where I would write big (or small), unique words I liked and their definitions, then taped that info to my bedroom wall. Read it every day before breakfast, and now I find TONS of places to use them!
OR you could try to take a picture EACH day that sums up your day.
OR spend 15 minutes on familysearch.org doing genealogy every day! That'd be radical!
I love this. What a good little idea maker you are! I'm excited to see how it goes... when I get back from the mish..
This is an AMAZING idea! I wish I had thought of it! I love the ideas everyone has given, too. You are just so awesome.
Post a Comment