Dear Ryan,
Today I had to start my goodbyes before leaving for college. I went and visisted Fifi and Big Butt tonight (you know who you are) and while I was in your hometown, I decided to take some pictures of my favorite things there.
I remember the first time I set foot in your hometown. It was our 2nd date, June 28th 2008.
I was a little taken back-you just didn't seem to fit there. It's a small country town with a population of 405 and you (at first) came across as a city boy.
Oh, how little did I know.
You've got "country boy" running all over in those pretty little veins of yours.
Remember when you first took me to this bridge on that 2nd date? On our way up to our destination, we stopped in Holt-my very first time here. You parked at this park and made me close my eyes. We got out of the car, and you grabbed my hand to guide me along to the "spot." I remember my stomach doing flip after flip as your callused hands brushed against mine! You led me across that brige, and around the corner to that stone sign in the distance. This was your eagle project that you had recently finished. You were so proud of it, and I was very impressed. A) That you made something so nice and B) That you were an eagle scout.
But I still struggled with the fact that....you came from here??
**
Downtown Holt. I have always been fascinated by your hometown, love.
"You mean...people actually live here???"
I was convinced that I wanted to live in the city somewhere...until I met you. You made me see the charm, the quaint-ness (is that word?), and genuine goodness of a small, country town.
**
Ahh, good ol' pot holes. Holt is famous for them. They were also the reason why you hated it when I was the driver because I always seemed to hit every single one.
You, on the other hand, had every pot hole memorized, naturally.
**
I loved all the stories you would tell me of your elementary school. It's a shame it's closed now-but it makes for a pretty cool/creepy picture. I can't believe it was in working condition such a short time ago. I also can't believe that so many members of your family attended there (your mom, grandma, etc.) That's pretty cool to me.
Bye Holt. Bye Missouri. I miss going on drives like this with you, Ry. There is no better feeling than getting lost on a country road, just you, me, and the road...and a good song on your ipod.
It's go time for this girl.
I miss you terribly.
-Whitney
1 comment:
dear whitney,
i loved this. i understand how you feel. trust me, you are strong and things only get better with time. just think of all the new adventures to have at BYU. you can tell him all about them.
love you lots
keisha
Post a Comment