Wednesday, May 25, 2011



Hey ya'll!!! Singapore is great!!! Here's a little update...

So the flight was really good...it went by way fast and we had little tvs that had TONS of movies and tv shows...I couldn't sleep I was so excited to watch everything haha I'm a nerd. I sat next to this guy named Jerry who was a world traveling business man and he got pretty amused by me I think. Anyways we stopped in Toyko for like an hour...used my first beday? no idea how to spell that...haha I felt very american cuz I like shot up as soon as that water hit my bum and started cracking up. It was pretty awesome. We finally got to Singapore around 2:30 am Wednesday morning...the first thing I thought of when I got off the plane was that it smelled and felt like that rainforest room at the zoo..holy humid and stinky...it smells like asia all the time.
We got to our hotel around 4 and crashed for a few hours then got up and started to explore the downtown. Me and this girl Kim went off on our owns to shop but everything is SO expensive..it's also very very clean and modern. Mom the subways are like NYC subways on expensive expensive steroids...b-e-a-utiful. The main language is english and chinese..so it's a good transition. Seriously it's so modern...and clean..can't get over it. Sorry if this email is scatterbrained im trying to hurry so my roommates can use it.

After we explored a little bit, we went back to the hotel and moved to a different resort on a little island connected to Singapore called Sentosa. It. Is. AMAZING! It's literally 10 steps away from the beach (although the beach in singapore is kiinda nasty cuz everything is imported here so there's tons of ships everywhere) but it's like this random hotel in the middle of a rainforest...and the pool is breathtaking. I think we're gunna hit that up today. We went to Chinatown last night...again it was the cleanest and pimpest chinatown I've ever seen...it's mostly indoors which is way different. My friend Kim and I went off by ourselves again last night and ate some funky crap...I don't even know what it's called but it was fun-kay. There was a night market outside we explored and went inside a Hindu temple!! It got us pumped for India.
Anyways that's all I got right now...I'm having a great time! My group is AWESOME and we slept for 10 hours last night which was also AWESOME. Jet lag hasn't been too bad either. We leave for India tomorrow night. To be quite honest I'm a little nervous...singapore is crazy enough!! But I'm ready.
Ta ta for now!


1 comment:

jennielouwho said...

Sounds like you are having a great trip so far. I know this will be an amazing experience to look back on. Be safe. You are crazy awesome. (I know weird coming from an old lady):)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed