Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ouchies


So my friends and I decided it would be a good idea to hike Mt. Timp.
It is a GORGEOUS mountain in Utah county that I gawk over everyday...especially when it snows.
What I didn't realize is that it's 11, 749 feet tall, and the hike is pretty dang steep.
But hey, it was worth it.





There was at least 45 minutes of rock just like this....ugh it was driving me crazy and it HURT!


The last stretch of the hike until the top was inTENSE. We basically had to scale this mountain and at one point I was on my hands and knees climbing up. Was I a little nervous? No, a lot nervous. I was also very cranky and tired at this point and I kept telling my friends,
"I hate you, I hate you so much."

I know it's hard to see in this picture but in the right hand corner is the little shack signifying the highest point that we were trying to get to...this was my view when I was about ready to die. It was soo close, yet sooooo far away.

Almost to the top!

Made it! There's proof.





The elevation turns my hands into sausages...

Mountain goats!
**
8 1/2 hours, 16-18 miles later (not really sure...felt like a hundred) and we made it back. We ran the whole last 20 minutes because it hurt too much to walk and we wanted to be done so horribly. I can't believe I did it, but I'm so glad I did...because now I can say that I did and I never have to do it again. Just kidding...sort of. I love pain and I love nature!!!

2 comments:

Kaitlin Graff said...

You are amazing! Haha, looks like fun :)

Ashley Collins said...

Wow. WOW! way to go!!! YOUR SO COOL!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed