Friday, June 24, 2011

? -> !


Dear Ryan,
In exactly 3 nights from now, you will be home. 
I have my outfit all picked out for the first time I'll see you. It's this adorable champagne-colored, ruffley shirt from Gap that my mom picked out of a sale rack. I hated it on the hanger, loved it on my body. We paired it with a pretty gold watch and a double looping belt, and then some skinny jeans with pretty gold sandals. I'm going for the "I'm not trying too hard, yet I still look stylish" look. You probably won't even notice. Which I'm kind of thankful for..because knowing me my bra strap will show or my fly will be unzipped. 
I got my Indian tan on, and I lost 5 pounds while I was there (not on purpose, but an added bonus). 
My hair is long and healthy, I don't have any zits (probably just jinxed that), and I'm finally getting over my cold & crazy jet lag.
I'm trying to stay super busy the next 3 days so that I don't drive my mom insane. 
Saturday: lake, workout, cleaning, poster-making day
Sunday: church, family dinner, skyping with my best girlfriends
Monday: workout, vacuum all the cars, pedicure, shower, YOU. 

I keep playing it all over and over in my head. 
Am I going to cry? Are you going to look at me the way you used to? What will our first words be? 

Everyone tells me: 
"Oh he'll probably be awkward and not touch you for a few days." 
or
"He'll probably propose the next day!" 
or  
"Well, I hope it works out for you. The right thing will." 

I hate that last statement, even though I know it's true. 
I'm trying not to have expectations. Trying. 
I know that no matter what, we both have been led to this point right here. 
I have no regrets. I know that I'm here for a reason. 
And yet, I'm still kinda scared of you. 
But I'm ready for this big fat question mark to *hopefully* turn into one giant exclamation point. 
I just want to love you again. I just want you to love me again. 
? -> ! 
Love, W. 



5 comments:

Kaitlin Graff said...

Seriously whit my heart is racing!!!! 3 more sleeps!!! Ahhh!! And yes baby, skyping anytime!! I gotta see the new airport outfit. Stop changing it!!! :)

A+J said...

I can relate so much to this!! Your airport outfit sounds so perfect!! More than perfect.

thepainterfamily said...

you know what...9 years later i STILL remember what I wore to the airport!
haha.

(ps...the shirt had ruffles...so, I think you've made a good choice :) haha)

I'll be thinkin about you!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Ashley Collins said...

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH I'M FREEEAKING OUT FOR YOU!!! IT'S HERE WHITTERS!!!! IT'S HERRRREEEE!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!! KAITY AND I ARE BEING OBNOXIOUSLY GIDDY FOR YOU!!!

Hannah said...

Whitters. My heart got all a flutter when I read this. PS and I gotta admit I was jealous that I'm not in the skyping group...:) my fingers are crossed and im freakin out for you. PPS my grandma loves your blog. she loves reading about your India adventures and thinks you're so brave (which is true). xoxo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed