OK! Finally! It's here...my NYC post. It's taken me about 3 days to put it together, and I'm probably leaving out a lot but I don't have all the time in the world. You can thank school for that one.
Oh and when I uploaded my pictures, they all uploaded in random order and there's no way I'm going back to put them all in order, so sorry.
December 29-January 1st
HIGHLIGHTS
I heart Magnolia's Bakery. So much that we went twice...ha!
Chelsea Market is a fun place in...Chelsea...with some cute shopping.
It's also where we took our first pit stop to eat our delicious Magnolia cupcakes.
Inside Chelsea Market
We dodged the huge freakin blizzard they got by 2 days! But there was still lots of snow leftover.
Pretty view down by the port
Inside Grimaldi's. Funny story about this place. It's a pizza joint in Brooklyn, right below the Brooklyn Bridge. We took the subway into Brooklyn, got lost, spent an hour walking around without seeing more than 5 white people (scary for 2 little white chicks), and finally found the place but there was a line out the door! We were freezing, exhausted, and hungry. All of a sudden we see this guy walk out with a hot pizza in his hand. We ask him how he got that and he told us to call the number on the outside of the restaurant. So we did! And got a take out pizza in 10 minutes. It was a great feeling to walk past that never ending line with a hot pizza in our hand and see everybody look at us with insane jealousy.
Incase you can't tell...it was freakin delicious.
So we ate our Brooklyn style pizza while walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. I guess you could say
"We heart Brooklyn"
Hurty feety...after 2 days of nonstop walking. Oh my gosh it hurt so good.
If you look reaaaaal close you can see the ball. It's that teeny tiny blue glowing ball lookin thing at the top of the picture.
So I guess you can't get into Times Square unless you get there at least 12 hours early, don't bring anything with you, and stay in the same place the entire time. That means no potty breaks. And for those of you who know me, that last statement would probably kill me. Therefore, we decided to spend our New Year's Eve day doing lots of other fun stuff instead of peeing our pants.
Well around 7:30 we decided to see how close we could get.
12 blocks (this picture above) was the closest.
We stayed jammed packed in that crowd for maybe, 45 minutes, until the fat mexican dude next to me blowing his New Year's Horn incessantly drove us away to go eat and find a different, more enjoyable spot.
So many police that night-probably because there were so many people.
I think they said 2 million.
Our new spot was at Central Park. It was MUCH better! It was still insanely crowded [just think sardines] but not as bad as 12 blocks away. We could still see the ball drop (kinda) and there were fireworks right at midnight (and an asian couple going at it) which was...awesome.
Our "apartment"
Drinking starbucks in NYC...how original
The LDS Manhattan temple, right next door to our apartment building
Yes, we ate this every morning at a little bakery right next door to our apartment.
The berries were warm, the crepe was sweet, and my tummy was happy.
The Today Show! We were I---I that close from being on tv. Seriously it was I---I that close.
The New York Palace Hotel where my parents stayed at last month in NYC.
It used to be somebody's house.
Somebody used to LIVE there everyday.
Somebody used to LIVE there everyday.
No words.
Inside St. Patrick's Cathedral
Sak's 5th Avenue!
Yummy fuzzy hat....I think it was $1,000 bucks. No shanks.
Cough cough
At Wicked!
We went to Times Square on New Year's Eve Eve....and took pictures with our 2011 glasses so it looked like we were there. Shh...
haha incase you couldn't tell my mom wasn't a fan of the subways
I was until I saw this rat...
This was inside Carnegie Deli, another famous restaurant. The line was, of course, out the door, and the inside was PACKED. If your party didn't fill up an entire table, they'd sit you with other, random people. We sat at the same table with this asian family and an older fella. It was such a funny atmosphere, I loved it.
We got this "reuban" at Carnegie Deli. There's meat under there somewhere....oh my gosh it tasted so good after a full day of walking. But even between 2 people eating their hearts out, we could only get it halfway gone.
On the Serendipity Menu. I secretly want to try it.
Inside Serendipity. Isn't it soooo cute?
Even cuter with a frozen hot chocolate on your table.
So we got to Serendipity early that afternoon and the wait was an hour long. We were like, dang, so we asked them when their slow time was.
Their response?
"This is our slow time."
After being on the list for about 3 hours we finally made it in. But it was definitley worth the wait.
Just catching up with my old friend the Cookie Monster on 5th avenue, haha that's why I love NY. So random.
Gorgelious! Especially at Christmas time!
This was something I really wanted to see-the Rockefeller tree and skating rink.
Our view from the roof of the apartment we were staying in
***
It was such a fun trip and it was even more fun to have that time with my momma.
Thanks pops! We love you!
2 comments:
So fun to see pictures of it all. What a trip of a lifetime you and Bon had. I didn't know you got to hug Cookie Monster. Lucky!! :)
These NYC pictures are fantastic! New to your blog & I just love this post-new follower!
I was in NYC a few months ago & these pics make me miss it even more. Glad you had fun! Happy Happy New Year :-)
http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment