Today I did something....peculiar. But fun!
One of Ryan's good friends from the mission, came home in January,
and ended up becoming one of my very good friends too.
People ask us how we know each other and we just laugh.
I mean, how many missionaries come home and become friends with their companion's girlfriend? In a non-romantic way nontheless.
Anyways, he truly has been a very good friend.
And today....he asked me to come with him to pick out a diamond.
For his soon-to-be fiance. I was honored to help with such a task.
Plus it's just fun to look at sparkily things for an hour.
--
I am so happy for Ryan and I's friend. We'll call him "Mr. T."
He is marrying a gorgeous girl and he seems so happy.
He is getting married in the temple that Ryan is closest too...
aka, Ryan will get to go to the wedding in December.
--
And I feel totally stupid for saying this.
But I walked home after helping Mr. T, and my heart hurt a little.
I just got overwhelmed with the thought of 8 1/2 more months,
that's all.
3 comments:
if I could ring shop with anyone, it would be you. :)
well... you or maybe my future husband... ha ha, thought I should clarify
I feel your pain... but trust me, those months will fly by! Before you know it, he will be home. Just take one day at a time, and try not to look at the number "8 1/2 months", it seems overwhelming. I think your mom told me once, "It's a sinch by the inch, but it's hard by the yard!"
Post a Comment