Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude

me, katie, & kaitlin trying to blow simultaneous bubbles. it's harder than it looks people.

So this is what college is supposed to feel like?
It's taken me 2 years to get here
and I finally understand what the hype is all about.
I am having the time. of. my. life.
I find it amazing that I wake up nearly everyday
excited
for the day.
Excited to be alive.
I know it won't last forever, and that challenges will come
but the past 2 years have been 2 years chuck full of challenges.
And while the moment may be short....
this moment, right now, is the time for me to be grateful
to simply be here.

"Live so that God may open the windows of heaven and shower down His blessings upon you. Pray to Him. Pray for direction in your lives. Let Him lead you and guide you and help you with the decisions you have to make. Live close to Him. Live graciously one with another."

I know that my faith, my obedience, and my testimony of Jesus Christ
has been what has led me
here.
I'm not perfect.
But I know that pressing forward,
continuing to trust, hope, and endure
even when things appear to be crashing down,
and may be crashing down for days, months,
years,
but looking forward
with faith,
and trusting that oneday, it will make sense,
that you will someday see and know.
And you will feel of the abundant and unconditional love
our Heavenly Father has for you specifically.
That's all I feel anymore,
I feel it everyday.
I'm finally open to it
and it humbles me.
And I could not ask for anything more.
What are YOU grateful for?

3 comments:

Kaitlin Graff said...

I am grateful for YOU!! And giant gum balls :) Love you!

thepainterfamily said...

!!!!!!!!

YES!! You've made it! haha!

Jr year was HANDS DOWN my favorite!

FAVORITE!

You will remember it forever :)

Katie said...

Um I am grateful for you TOO. And when that girl at Bath and Body works saw us chomping on our gum and told us it was really gross. And when she told us that she'd been on 3 dates and they ALL loved her body spray. Yeah those things. And a bunch of others. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed