Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tender Mercy Dream

So, last night I had this dream.
Now, usually my dreams are unremarkable, and weird, but last night was different.
**
You see, my roommate got a new boyfriend. He's a great guy, and we all like him a lot. Last night we were all at a birthday party for a mutual friend, and when he got there, he went straight to my roommate and treated her like she was the only one in the room. It was pretty sweet.
But it made my heart hurt.
**
I miss having that with Ryan. He was a pro at making me feel special. All I had to do was look at him; he'd look right back at me, tilt his head, and smile. I knew right at that moment that it didn't matter what else was going on in the world, but that Ryan loved me and that was enough. I took that feeling for granted. That safe, peaceful, awesome feeling.
**
But, I know that it will come again. And Heavenly Father does too.
It's amazing how Heavenly Father works. He has a very tender, tender heart. I know He does, as I've felt His tender mercies extended to me in various ways throughout this experience. He understands, He feels, He knows when my heart hurts, because His does too.
And that is why He sent me this dream last night.
It wasn't anything big. Except that I saw Ryan, I heard Ryan.
I was in a room crowded with people, and all of a sudden Ryan came out of nowhere, wrapped his big monkey arms around me, and gave me a wet one. I was with him for a few minutes, talking, laughing, joking like we always do, and then before we had to say goodbye, I woke up.
It was simple. It was quick. But I was reminded of how Ryan makes me feel.
**
I woke up feeling special again. Can't tell you how good that feels.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed