What am I thankful for?
Today I was sitting in one of my nursing classes, and we were talking about spiritual assesment of our patients. This is the reason I got into nursing. I'm not in this profession to learn all the fancy schmancy skills, to be the best blood pressure taker, the best IV-giver. No, no.
I'm in it to heal the soul. I may not have a lot in common with most of my patients, but we both have a spirit that can often times be in worse shape than the physical bodies. As I help heal the body, I want to pay special attention to the soul. I hope my patients can say, "I know she cared about me."
**
I've talked to a handful of people in the last few days, and they've all said to me in one form or another, "I just want somebody to love. Why is this so difficult to find?"
**
I was struggling the other day with feelings of loneliness, because my struggles were pretty different than my friend's challenges. It's weird not being on the same page with everyone around you. Was I missing something? Should I be dating and kissing and flirting just because that's what everyone else was doing?
My roommate came into my room a few days later and said to me, "Babygirl, you're not missing out anything; because we're all just trying to find what you already have."
**
So what am I thankful for this year? Direction.
Sometimes it's a curse, as I have to sacrifice and "wait" for those things that I want most in my life.
But Heavenly Father has made it SO easy for me. He's dangling everything I could ever want right in front of my face. The hard part now is waiting, working, and keeping my head up and sights on the big picture.
**
I know what I want.
and dangit, I'm going to get it.
Happy thanksgiving!
1 comment:
slightly off the main topic of the post (which, I can honestly say...I understand :)
is the fact that WOW. I love BYU. that you would be discussing the spiritual healing in an academic class.
I know 100% I would not have been as effective a teacher had i missed classes like following the pattern of the Savior in teaching (there were 2 of those classes!)
how blessed you are to be studying nursing at BYU!! :)
Post a Comment