Ok before I start, does this or doesn't this gas pump look like a robot?!!!!
(please excuse the grunge look-I was in a car for 18 hours for cryin out loud)
***
Back to the point:
I love home.
Need some proofy-proof? Look at these pics. Just another drive.
No.Big.Deal. Missouri is just naturally beautiful.
It don't need no theme-parks, oceans, or tourist-y sites.
Pleeease!
I didn't always feel this way about Missouri, though.
Before I met Ryan, I was ripe and ready to get out of this "kuntry" and move onto bigger and better things. Granted, a part of me is still quite the city girl.
But then I met Ryan-from good old quaint town Missouri: Population 405.
It took me a while to get used to his country lifestyle; it appears in every aspect of who he is: laidback, takes his time, nooo rush, blares country music, and has incorrect grammer 68% of the time.
***
Ryan taught me the real beauty in getting lost on a country road.
So yesterday, kind of as a therapy, that's exactly what I did:
["Oh I think I'll turn here, not sure where this road is going but it looks good."]
It doesn't take much, just a car, some good tunes like this song, and I dunno...for me...it helps me remember those feelings I had that summer Ryan and I fell in love. We've had some of our best talks and conversations while getting lost on a country road.
Ugh! I'm not really saying what I want to be saying!
I miss Ryan A LOT when I'm home....these country roads take me back to him.
Plus, there's noone around to see you pull off to the side of the road and have a good cry when needs be.
Or to pee, cuz that happens too.
3 comments:
ha!
home is good. yes yes!!
Aww it's beautiful! Wish I was in Missouri too.. :)
I love what you said about Ryan! You guys are soo faarreeaakingg cute! Soon he'll be back getting lost with you :) Until then you cry and pee all you want!
hahah ok i laughed out loud when i read this because I can pretty much hear you speaking what you wrote. You make me laugh so bad. Geez maybe I will just pee my pants too. Oh and I'm booking a ticket to missouri asap so i can have som o' that kuntry ok? Kaitlin, you are coming no excuses. School will just have to wait :)
Post a Comment