Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spandex & Flowers

My friend Kelsey (on the right) is on the BYU Lacrosse team and they had a fundraiser at Classic Skating last Friday. 
I'm not sure if there was even a theme, except to wear the most uncoordinated, most ridiculous clothes you could find. 
I had just gotten done doing a 12 hour shift at the hospital & then I drove the hour long commute home with a headache. I think my outfit reflects those circumstances perfectly: 



Also, these next 2 pictures are perfect examples of how my apartment rolls: 




Who the heck knows? Well regardless of our picture taking ability, or lack thereof, I love those girls to pieces.
Nan, if you're reading this...I'm still trying to figure out what kind of statement you were making with that finger. It's hawt.
Anywho, Valentine's Day was a hit and a half this year. It started off with some flowers and ended with a love letter from San Diego. Letters are great and all, but love letters are where it's at. I'm still giddy. 


He also sent me back a ton of the letters I had sent him over the past 20 months. He said it was for me to see "how far we've come" but I'm sure it's also so he doesn't have to carry them around anymore.  After digging around I found the first letter I ever wrote him. Ohh how it brought me back as I read about how I wasn't sure how I was going to make it, but that I had to take courage in the fact that I was going to. 
Man. Those were the days. 



Something I've noticed lately is that happiness is a choice. Sometimes when life is going good and I don't have any real reasons to be stressed or upset, I find reason to be anyways. But yesterday I told myself, you know what, just be happy. You have a million reasons to be happy, and one reason to be sad..and you always go with the sad.
So today I choose to be happy. I am choosing to take one of those million reasons I have to be happy and letting it overtake me. 
My reason to be happy today? I'm still madly in love after almost 20 months. 
That fact alone should tide me over for weeks!!! 
What's your reason to be happy today? 
I hope you have one, and if not let me know! I got millions.

2 comments:

Kaitlin Graff said...

I need to hear more about this love letter young lady!

thepainterfamily said...

what a great day whit!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed