Do you ever have those days where you sit down to blog but you can't figure out what to blog about? Or how to format your post or how to say things so it's interesting??
I'm just gunna pretend like noone else is reading this and write myself a little reminder of where I'm at today:
#1) I found my calling: NURSING. Oh wait you already knew that. My real calling: LABOR AND DELIVERY NURSING. I've done 2, 12 hour rotations there and I am absolutely in love. And not just the baby part..that's actually kind of gross. I love taking care of the moms, and tracking them, and helping them perform the miracle that birth is. Did I cry during the births I saw? Maybe. But that's not the point. L & D just speaks to me..in a nursey kind of way. I yuv it.
#2) I went to Park City today and it was a gorgeous half winter half spring day. I can smell spring trying to come to me....it makes me so happy. I also think it's so cool that I live close to such a movie scene type of town. It's so rustic and cute and they have the best shopping...mmk, that's all we'll say about that.
#2) My mom was in town last weekend and we got to see lots of family. I got to hold my aunt's bird and 5 seconds after this picture was taken, it took a poop on my hand! My aunt Jane is awesome bytheway-she's a missionary, she got her masters degree, recently lost 50 pounds, and is the most loving, positive person I've ever known!
While my mom was in town, we went for a Sunday drive and listened to Jack Johnson. This boy [in the gray..with his hand poking at that picture's butt crack] came up in our conversation and it kinda makes me want to squeal in delight to say this but he only has 141 days left, which is 4 1/2 months, which is crazy pants. Sometimes I get sick to my stomach when I say that because well, what if it's a no-go?? What if he realizes I'm crazy [ok it's been 2 1/2...hopefully he knows by now] What if something happens to me while I'm in India like I get rabies or japanese encephalitis or what if a terrorist blows up my plane 2 WEEKS before the dude gets home? That would be the meanest joke ever played on me...seriously I want to cry just thinking about it. I try so hard not to worry, but seriously...it worries me. I'm gunna stay away from dogs and monkeys and bring a really pointy nail file with me on the plane for self protection...and try to look good in a bathing suit so he won't be able to resist. That should do the trick.
But in case you were wondering, he is still the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life and I absolutely adore him.
Another thing about my mom being in town... My mom is awesome bytheway...and gorgeous, and kind, and selfless, and funny. My dad is amazing too...I don't think I give my parents enough credit on here. They are 2 of my favorite people in the world and I am soo grateful for them.
Anyways back to my mom being in town- we called my aunt and cousin one day to see if we could stop by and say hi. Turns out they were at a Bridal Fair and invited us to come...hehehe...I, for one, felt totally awkward because how am I supposed to explain my being there?
"Oh so when's the big day???"
"Actually I'm not engaged, but I do have a missionary out!"
Nobody takes you seriously after you say you have a missionary. I know. From lots.of.experience. My cousin that we met up with has a missionary too. Or should we say, had. He came home last week! Lucky ducky.
Regardless of that awkward as heck sidenote, the bridal fair was a blast. I think weddings are awesome and I have always loved them...plus the looming possibility of mine coming up in the future also puts a little extra twinkle in my eye, but that's then and this is now so let's move on. Oh but first, check this puppy out:
Bam. That bridal fair introduced me and my dream ring to eachother. Let's just look at it for a second together and sighh...ahhhh...maybe someday.
Well ok folks there you have it. MY BLOG.

1 comment:
So I just want you to know you are awesome cuz! Wish I could see more of you in person, but I love to read your blog.
Post a Comment