Monday, April 6, 2009

Viva La Crazy Weekend

Ok, this is going to be a long post. But bear with me. It will be worth it.
Friday-the drive.
So we left a not-so-happy valley in the middle of an april blizzard!! What the heck?
Really mother nature? Really?
He trusted me enough to let me drive. Crazy kid didn't go to bed the night before because he was so excited for our adventure (and because he had a test to study for) ...Isn't he lookin so cute and stylish? I totally dug it.

We made a little pit stop in St. Georgy to go to this pretty place and visit some of Ryan's family friends--The Purdy's! They have a beautiful house with the cutest, most well-behaved chihuahua's. I want one.
It may be a little ironic that we visited the temple before heading down to Las Vegas. But, yanno, whatever works.

Saturday-Viva la Vegas!

Sorry mom. Had to.



We each decided to rebel a little while we were there. Hey, it's sin city. Why not?!
At least my form of rebellion didn't involve killing people.


Just wanted to take a picture of the porn on the streets. No joke-that is all porn, and it's all over the street. Every single street on the strip is filled with it too--people are literally handing it out like candy. Maybe that's a bad analogy, but nontheless, it's disgusting. I just kept holding on to Ry Ry nice and tight, saying "Remember how HOTTTT your girlfriend is."

Although it has it's gross parts, it really is a beautiful place. So fun to visit...for a day!!



This is the only picture we got together the whole night. Lame, I know. But to help the situation, this is in an elevator in the Bellagio.



BOOM. Beautiful.




Oh, I lied. Here's another picture. My camera takes horrible pictures. We both look loopy... but then again, by this point in the night we had been on our feet for 8 hours, so we were pretty exhausted. People probably thought we were drunk because we were wobbly and running into things, which wouldn't be too far off in this city.


My fav part of Vegas was this fountain show in front of the Bellagio. Unbelievable!!!

Ry was a HUNGRY BOY!!!
We FINALLLLLY decided to sit down and grab some food. It was the best. meal. ever. probably because we were starving.
Guess which plate is mine. (I'll just tell you-mine's the one on the left)
Ryan- "You better not blog about this picture....I don't want people to know you ate more than me"
I owned him.
I guess I should mention that he ate a whole order of cheese fries and bread beforehand. He's a trooper.
Sunday-conference/relaxation [kinda]
I wish I had pictures to document this day.
But I don't.
So I'm just going to type really big instead.
Jk.
I met a lot of the Lawter side of the family. Unfortunetly, I got a huge migraine and I was definitely not myself!! But the cute thing was to watch Ryan and all of his cousins. I swear, there were about 15 kids under the age of 12 either on top of him, running after him, or trying to beat him up...ALL DAY. They worship Ryan! It was really really sweet for me to see him interact with them. He's really just a big kid at heart, so he fits in perfectly with the kiddies. It's pretty dang cute to watch.
Anyways, after a lovely day with Ryan's extended family and listening to conference, we RUSHED home.
Why, you ask?
Well I guess I should preface.
Ryan and I played a pretty awesome April Fool's Joke on our families.
He turned in his mission papers about a week before April Fool's. So we thought, "Hey, we'll pull our parents' chain and tell them that he got his call early!"
Well obviously, it didn't come on April Fools, but three days later...WHEN WE WERE IN VEGAS...that letter decided to come. Only a week and a half after he had turned in his papers. That's like a record or something!!!
So really, the joke ended up being on us.
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA MISSION!
I received an overwhelming feeling that that is most definitely where he needs to go. Not that it's up to me, but it was nice to have that confirmation right from day 1.
He is excited, and he's going to make the cutest missionary. I am soooooo happy for him. I'm going to miss him terribly, but this is going to be awesome. I can't wait to watch him grow.
Oh, and the reason I'm freaking over July 1st is because he was convinced he was going to leave early June, but I totally called July 1st. He is a stubborn little ox and would always say that I was so "full of crap" whenever I would say my prediction.
Well who's full of crap now Ry dawg?
I'm usually wrong when it comes to arguments like this, but wow. It feels so good to be right this time :)
Here's our "SAN DIEGO BABY!!!" faces.
Let's just say, we were tired.
It was a weekend full of adventures, that's for sure.


Ryan- "It's easy to be in love with your best friend."
Phew. I get tired just reading this post. I'm going to bed.
Amen.

3 comments:

Martha said...

How fun! Oh yeah D and I couldn't look down while walking because of all the porn! So gross! Congratulations to Ryan!

Hopkins said...

Oh man! That post was a trip! You had way too much fun!! But out off all of it, my favorite pic was you and your split pjs! ha ha! I can't believe you took a picture and I can see your undies! ha ha! You must have spent too much time in Vegas with the porn! J/k!!!
Love ya girl! Have fun out there!

The Nielsen Family said...

Great post Whit. Looked exhausting and fun all at the same time. We are stoked for Ryan.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed